True wind calculator: essential tool to obtain accurate, reliable true wind.
This processor is the heart of the system and provides the most accurate, dynamic and noise-free information to the autopilot, the navigation programme, the tactician, the crew and of course the skipper. It is dedicated to racing and performance sailing for those sailors who want to get 100% out of their navigation and tactician software packages.
- Consumption: 200mA
- Power supply: 9-18 V
- Dimensions: 200 x 110 x 60 mm
- Waterproof: IP67
- Weight: 500grs
The Regatta Processor provides the following:
- Accurate measurement of wind speed and angle (true and apparent), boat speed, speed over ground, the boat movements, all with sensitivity to small changes.
- Accurate measurement of acceleration and the boat’s attitude (magnetic heading, angles, acceleration, turn rates, magnetometric vector)
- Accurate dynamic calculation of true wind as a result of the compensation of measured data from the masthead sensor, the geometry between the mast and the hull and the use of correction tables.
- High speed data flow (fast measurements from sensors providing high speed updates to the autopilot and data display).
- Fast data rate interface with the onboard PCs for most major navigation packages (via the SailNet protocol on IP and various gateways). Compatible with the Proteus communication system.
- Integrated safety: various safe modes allow use of the main functions without the Processor Regatta.
- The use of the lightest possible Linux OS ensures real time operation without background task (or virus) and avoiding mechanical moving parts (such as hard disk, fans…)
- Auto diagnostic log for a good understanding in case of malfunction
- Variable logs
- Variable exchange protocol via fast RS232/NMEA0183 or IP.
- Adjustment for the linear calibrations, filtering, alarms and non-linear calibration files, polar tables.
- Use of one single variable definition base for each level: in the remote Gyropilot Graphic display, the Regatta Processor, the variable log, the compatible navigation software (Deckman), the IP broadcast, the post-processing software (Excel..), the diagnostic software (Toplink …).
True wind data is the most difficult one to process. It is the result of a sophisticated calculation integrating boat speed, apparent wind angle and speed, drift, heel angle, mast twist… The Processor “REGATTA” is the heart of nke system. It is extremely robust and light weight. It processes all the data to provide accurate results which can be displayed on all nke screens as well as your PC.
Data acquisition rate is 25 Hz, meaning 25 measurements per second. The data is linked to a correction table, allowing calculation of a very accurate true wind. The data processing includes the boat’s 3D movements.
A Datalogger feature allows data saving on a USB key.